There are four types of everyday accounts available at Kiwibank: Free Up, NOW account, Front Runner and Bill Blaster.
- “Free up account” is for those who use online banking frequently. In these accounts, transaction fees are not charged.
- “Now account” is a standard everyday account with a different choice of fee structures.
- “Front runner” is an account with a high-interest rate and if a balance of $4000 or higher, there are no fees attached.
- “Bill blaster” is a custom-built billing account, that works alongside one of the above accounts.
Any of those accounts can be opened at Kiwibank, using one of the three options:
- By phone
- At any local Kiwibank branch
Opening an account online
- Click here to visit their website to start the process.
We won’t go explain any further as they already have a great, intuitive design with instructions as well!
Applying for an account by phone
If you’d prefer to talk to a real person, simply give them a call on 0800 113 355, and they’ll take you through the process of setting up an account with them.
Visiting a branch in person
You can directly go to the closest Kiwibank branch and open a new account. If you are a new customer, you will require your passport, driving license or ATM card with photo ID, your name & signature verification purposes. You’ll also need a bank statement or a utility bill (not older than a year) with your name and address as your address proof.